Every day, more and more families desire senior care services that are provided in the comfort and safety of home.
Why should I choose home care?
- Home is where the heart is. When you are sick, you want the comfort of your own home. When well, you want to enjoy the coziness and sanctuary of your own space.
- Home care serves to keep elders as independent as possible, allowing more freedom and flexibility and a better quality of life.
- Home care prevents or postpones moving to a nursing home or other institution, which can be stressful both emotionally and financially.
- Home care promotes healing. Research shows that healing takes place faster at home.
- Home care is personalized care, tailored to each individual’s specific needs.
When should I choose home care?
A good time for family members to reach out for support is when you notice a loved one has specific care needs related to their activities of daily living.
Ask your parent or loved one the following questions:
- Do you want to stay in your current home as long as possible?
- Is it challenging keeping up your housework, cooking, hygiene on your own?
- Is it difficult getting to and from your doctor visits, grocery store or errands?
- Are you afraid of falling?
- Are you lonely, depressed, or want more opportunities to socialize and interact with others?
If the answer is yes to any of these questions, check out more indicators that it might be time to check into home care for your aging loved one.
Don’t wait until a major event occurs, such as a fall, a health crisis, or an emergency that could’ve been avoided if help was nearby… Rather, identify your loved one’s need for care, and be proactive!